The HIV Early Intervention Services Program (EIS) and Community Advocacy Resource/Education (CARE) Team provide free and low-cost health services for HIV positive people living in Santa Cruz County.
The CARE-Team provides the following services:
- Referrals to HIV Antibody counseling & testing
- Outpatient medical care
- Pharmacy, lab, and x-ray services
- Nutrition counseling
- Specialty care (eyes, skin, stomach, etc.)
- Dental care (prevention and treatment)
- Behavioral Health Services (individual and group therapy)
- Chemical dependency referrals
- Public Health Nurse/Social Worker Case Management
- Referrals to and enrollment in State assistance programs (AIDS Drug Assistance Program, AIDS Medi-Cal Waiver Program, etc.)
- Referrals to and coordination with community groups (Santa Cruz AIDS Project, Homeless Persons Health Project (HPHP), etc.)
- Referrals for home health services and coordination with community groups (Santa Cruz AIDS Project) and inter-agency programs (Homeless Persons Health Project (HPHP)).
EIS/CARe Team services funded by the Ryan White CARE Act Titles II and III, the California State Office of AIDS, and the County of Santa Cruz.
Description of EIS/Care Team Services