The Whole Person Care (WPC) – Cruz to Health pilot program will end on December 31, 2021 and we are no longer accepting referrals.
Starting on January 1, 2022
Medi-Cal will begin a new program called California Advancing and Innovating Medi-Cal (also called CalAIM).
The goal of CalAIM is to offer the care management services that are part of the Whole Person Care Program to all eligible Medi-Cal members.
Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance) will offer care coordination services to members who live in Monterey and Santa Cruz counties. This is part of a new benefit known as Enhanced Care Management (ECM). The Alliance will also begin to offer Community Supports.
To see if you qualify for ECM visit the CalAIM web page.
If members qualify for ECM, they will be assigned their own care team, including a care coordinator.
Enhanced Care Management (ECM)
An ECM care coordinator can help members:
- Talk with doctors, mental health providers, specialists, pharmacists, case managers, social services providers and others to ensure everyone works together to get members the care they need.
- Find doctors and schedule appointments for health-related services.
- Manage medications.
- Set up a ride to doctors’ visits.
- Find and apply for community-based services based on member needs, like housing supports or medically nutritious food.
- Coordinate follow-up care after the hospital.
Community Supports are other services or settings for Medi-Cal members that may not include direct medical care. The Alliance offers Community Supports to help with the needs of members with complex health issues, which include health issues caused or made worse by lack of food, housing or transportation. These are also called social drivers of health.
If you have questions about ECM and Community Supports:
For more information about ECM and Community Supports, visit the Alliance website.
If you have questions about current Whole Person Care services (Case Management, Housing Navigation, or Peer Support Coaches), call Cruz to Health at 831-454-5099 or e-mail email@example.com
Click on image below to view