Bookmark and Share
tl tr
Public Health Minimize
bl br
Public Health Menu

Enteric (Water or Food Borne) Illnesses

How to Report Food Poisoning

If you feel you might have gotten food poisoning from eating at a restaurant or from eating food you bought or if you find a bug or something strange in a container of food please contact the Santa Cruz County Environmental Health Department to report it.

County Governmental Center
701 Ocean Street, Room 312
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Office Hours: 8am - 12pm, 1pm - 5 pm weekdays
Phone: (831) 454-2022
Fax: (831) 454-3128


Enteric Illnesses

You can contract Enteric Illnesses by eating, drinking or swallowing food or water that has been contaminated with a pathogenic organism. You can also contract some of these illnesses from contact with an infected person via fecal-oral transmission. Below is a list and description of various Enteric Illnesses diseases. We compiled this information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) web site.