HSA's Mission, Vision, & Values
Santa Cruz County is a healthy, safe and thriving community for all.
To promote and ensure a healthy community and environment by providing education, outreach and comprehensive health services in an inclusive and accessible manner.
- Integrity - We commit to honesty, accountability, and transparency in all our interactions with the public and our workforce
- Quality - Through informed practice, encouragement of innovation, and continuous process improvement, we are dedicated to service excellence in all aspects of our work.
- Compassion & Respect - We interact with others with dignity and humility, believing that all persons have wisdom and gifts to be recognized.
- Equility & Justice - Our work will be informed by and responsive to the diverse realities, views, and needs of communities such that everyone has the opportunity to attain the highest level of health.
- Collective Impact - We believe that improving health well-being is a shared responsibility and collaboration across HSA divisions and diverse sectors in the community will leverage the resources we need to make a lasting impact
- Capacity Building - We build capacity and address social determinants of health by engaging the community in the treatment and health promotion process to promote a culture of safety, empowerment, and healing.
- Positivity - We foster joy and enthusiasm in our workplace and the community.
HSA's 2025 Strategic Plan
- Organizational Culture - A supportive organizational culture provides the social and psychological conditions that optimize employee pride, well-being, health and safety.
- Operational Excellence - A workplace where every person at every level of the organization is effectively working together with a clear purpose towards our common vision.
- Community Collaboration - By collaborating to promote community health and wellness, we work together with employees, clients, partners, and the community to create a healthy, safe and thriving place for people to live, work and play.
- Workforce Development - Create a premiere workplace that fosters an equitable, stable and highly competent workforce.
- Employee Wellbeing - Strengthen organizational resiliency by optimizing employee well-being, safety, and quality of life.
- Reflective Workforce - Create a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community.
- Continuous Process Improvement - Strengthen systems through continuous process improvements.
- Financial Resilience - Create fiscally sustainable systems that support operational services and growth.
- Equity in Program Resources - Maximize equity in division and program resources, support and technology.
- Public Awareness - Increase public awareness to empower our community to address key health and environmental issues.
- Access to Health and Wellbeing - Maximize access to services to improve health and wellbeing.
- Promote Equity - Normalize health equity, resiliency, and environmental stewardship for current and future residents.
HSA 2025 Strategic Plan